Thursday, July 5, 2007

Soundcheck in Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan - November 12, 1993




Tracklisting:
Blues jam
Matchbox
Summertime
Blues Jam 2
Let Me Roll It
Just Because
San Francisco Bay Blues
Midnight Special
Be-Bop-A-Lula
Every Night
We Can Work It Out
Blues Jam 3 / What's Goin' On
Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
C Moon

The closest thing to this I can find at BLZ is called "Welcome To Soundcheck" which is split onto 2 discs and part of which I do not have. What I do have, however, is a fantastic and intimate sounding soundcheck acquired from God knows where (tho I am thankful for't), that I am sharing with you here.
While I am not the biggest Macca fan (outside of The Beatles), this set changed many preconceived notions about Macca as a musician and more importantly, a band leader. Seriously. Good stuff here. My favourite Macca-penned (and perhaps fave of the set en toto) is "Every Night". Originally rleased on his first solo album, here it benefits greatly from full band and vocal complement. Hope you like. (And for the record, I think Macca's latest single sounds way too much like a version of Lennon's "Oh Yoko" I have, but that's just me...)


No comments: